NOVEMBER 19, 2020
How much do you know about obesity? The stats are staggering: around 32% of American adults are overweight, and 36% of adults in the United States are considered obese.
While January 1st will be here before we know it, a time for fresh starts and resolutions, your journey to great health can begin right now. Even with the days getting colder (and all the delicious meals and desserts of the holiday season), there are plenty of steps you can take, starting today—and they’re all easier than you might think.
Here are some ideas to try:
- Focus on energy-boosting habits. It’s tough to get motivated when you’re feeling tired and lethargic. Practice good sleeping habits, stay active, pay attention to how certain foods (like carbs and high-sugar items) affect your energy, and keep an eye on caffeine levels to ensure you feel your best.
- Include your kids in the conversation. Childhood obesity is also a serious problem in our country, affecting about 18% of children and adolescents aged 2-19. Help your kids establish healthy habits from an early age by eating together as a family, finding ways to exercise together, and having open conversations about taking care of your body.
- Focus on balance, not fad diets. Instead of jumping on the latest fad, focus on balance and moderation when it comes to your food choices. A balanced diet includes food from all five food groups: vegetables, fruits, grains, proteins, and dairy.
- Listen to your body. Eat slowly and get to know your body’s “hunger” and “full” cues; eat to nourish your body, not when you’re bored.
- Check in with your doctor. Regular check-ups and screenings can help you keep an eye on your health and weight through the eyes of a professional.
- Make physical activity part of your routine. Exercise shouldn’t feel like a chore—instead, make it a fun part of your routine! Experiment to find activities that you truly enjoy, and invite a friend or family member to join you as an accountability partner.
- Use a BEMER device to enhance results. BEMER devices help you boost circulation, stimulate healthy muscles, and speed up recovery time so you can keep working toward all of your health & wellness goals.
- Don’t give up! Changes don’t happen overnight, be patient with yourself. Whether you need to lose some pounds or you just want added energy throughout the day, consistency is key.
Learn How BEMER Can Help
Whether you’re a professional athlete or just looking to improve your circulation and overall health, BEMER can help. With just two 8-minute sessions per day, BEMER stimulates healthy muscles and improves local circulation, which is vital to optimal health. Strong blood circulation is tied with improved physical fitness, higher energy and increased vitality, more strength and endurance, enhanced performance and muscle conditioning, and an overall general sense of relaxation and well-being.
Learn more about PEMF therapy with BEMER and find a distributor near you today!